Code of Conduct
Coders Who Teach is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, race, age, religion and technological preference, among others. We do not tolerate harassment of meetup or slack participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery is not appropriate for any channel or event venue, including talks. Meetup/slack participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the event and any future events and/or the slack, as well as from the community itself at the discretion of the organisers.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion and technological preference, among others
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
Enforcement and reporting
Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, organisers retain the right to take any actions to keep the event and slack workspace a welcoming environment for all participants. This includes warning the offender or expulsion from the meetup/channel.
If someone makes you or anyone else feel unsafe or unwelcome, please report it to an organiser as soon as possible.