In-person meetups paused for COVID-19
We're pausing in-person meetups so as not to create any unnecessary risk for people during the pandemic. We had an awesome March meetup planned, so we're exploring remote-alternatives.
In the meantime, join our Slack community!Join the Slack!
Talks and demos on everything from best practice and coding exercises to educational theory. These meetups help us learn from each other, improve our classes and try new techniques.
To get notified about all future meetups, join our newsletter:
If you're interested in speaking at an event, please get in touch.
Meetup #1 - January 22nd @ M&S HQ, London
- Siobhan Baker, 8th Light & Coding Black Females - collaborative learning
- James Robinson, Raspberry Pi Foundation - pedagogy tips
- Behnaz Pourafshari, Code Your Future - insights from journey from teacher, to learner to mentor
- Tom Fogden, Ada College - developing coding teachers for apprentices
- Community learn & share
Meetup #0 - 17th September 2019 @ Twitter HQ, London
- Abby Sassel, ClojureBridge - 'Creating a Coach'
- Tom Grand - 'Cognitive Load Theory, In Practice' (slides, notes)
- Anisah Osman Britton, 23 Code Street - 'Teacher vs Role Model'
- Community learn & share - discussion notes
We'll be collating post-its, ideas, feedback and sharing it - thank you for contributing so many great coding teaching ideas, goals and aspirations! pic.twitter.com/G9yBUeqiFn— Coders Who Teach (@coderswhoteach) September 17, 2019